A company, its director, and a self-employed contractor have been prosecuted by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE), after Terry Lewis (a 65 year old retired mechanic) was fatally injured by falling through a roof light.
Six tenants paying more than £20,000 a year in rent faced “catastrophic” risk in an HMO without essential fire protection or gas and electrical safety certificates.
A "reckless" restaurant owner has been jailed for six years for the manslaughter of a customer who had an allergic reaction to a curry.
Janet Cox, the head of health, safety and environment at KFC UK and Ireland said: “Last year, we were shocked and disappointed by what happened at our Pontypool restaurant.
Nural Huda, from Newquay, was ordered to pay a total of £6115 by Magistrates on Friday, 3 June, after he pleaded guilty to eight offences committed under the Food Safety and Hygiene Regulation 2013 at his takeaway business Chillies in St Columb Major in 2015.
Obstructed fire exits, defective emergency lighting and the absence of a working fire alarm, were amongst the faults found during the inspection of the Chichester, West Sussex branch of the Wildwood restaurant chain.
ISO 45001 is a new standard consolidating the best practice knowledge on Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S), and is expected to replace BS OHSAS 18001.
Two companies have been fined a total of £815,000 after a worker and father-to-be was crushed to death in Lancashire by a refuse collection vehicle.
The Director of Martinisation (London) Ltd, Martin Gutaj, has been charged with health and safety offences and the company has been charged with corporate manslaughter and health and safety offences after two men died while working for the company.
Investing in services that can proactively work to prevent employees falling ill and being absent will be one of the key ways employers tackle the UK’s workplace health challenges over the next five years, a survey has forecast.